To qualify for a full refund/credit for items purchased at Budget Marine and returned, the following applies
- Upon entering any store proceed to the nearest staff member and present the item for return, accompanied by the original invoice.
- Items returned incomplete/in boxes other than original may not be eligible for full credit. Credit will only be issued after a full inspection of the item is made.
- Items must be returned within 30 days from date of purchase; thereafter a restocking fee will apply, ranging from 10% to 25% of net purchase price, depending on length of time since purchase, the nature of the item, its condition and original packaging. Budget Marine reserves the right not to accept any returns after 90 days.
- Special Order items/materials that have been made to order or cut to length will not be accepted for credit.
- Special order items in many cases may not be returned. In cases where it is possible, payment of shipping costs in both directions, restocking fees, clearing and duty and any other direct costs associated with the special order are not refundable.
- Budget Marine reserves the right not to accept returns for items that have been used or installed, particularly in the case of sensitive products such as batteries, electronics, outboards and dinghies, or books and charts.
- In principle Budget Marine will accept returns for purchases made at other Budget Marine locations. The above rules apply. In addition, if the item price at the store of return is less than at the store of purchase, the credit value will be the lower “return store” price. However, if the price originally paid is lower, the credit value will be the lower “purchase store” price, after applying the same discount as on the original invoice. Certain items are not saleable in some territories and stores located there may reserve the right not to accept returns directly, but instead assist the customer in returning the item to the original location (Shipping charges to be paid by the customer).
- Should you be in a territory with no Budget Marine, you may send a request for a return directly to the original “purchase location”, which will issue a Return Authorization. All shipping charges must be prepaid by the customer and the shipping method used should preferably be via a courier with a tracking system.
Budget Marine in our capacity as a retailer and distributor does not offer warranties, expressed or implied other than what is offered by the hundreds of suppliers and or manufacturers that we represent. We will be willing to provide you with a copy of our manufacturer warranty policy on request and will represent you should a claim arise. In some cases as an additional service to our customers we will accept returns for non-warranted products which in our view are defective. Each manufacturer has their own requirements on how to process warranty claims and therefore in many cases we have to wait on directives from the manufacturer before we can give you a response or decision. The following points give you an idea of the various circumstances:
- Some manufacturers allow us to use our discretion and depending on the circumstance give us authority to repair or replace. Sometimes this enables us to make a decision immediately. Other times we will need to represent the case to the manufacturer and await their decision, which may take longer.
- Other manufacturers require the product to be returned, so that they may decide whether to repair and return or replace. In such cases Budget Marine is not responsible for the shipping costs.
- Due to the nature of some products, such as Batteries, the manufacturer will offer a Pro-Rated Warranty, i.e. the customer is given a credit proportional to the period of time that is left on the advertised warranty.
- In some cases where the product is a component or part of a complete system, the Manufacturer requires a specialist in the field to report on the installation before making a decision. This cost is usually borne by the customer and if deemed warranty, the customer can negotiate to have it refunded.
- For certain commodity type items a manufacturer’s warranty does not exist. For these products Budget Marine will try to determine the cause of failure and, depending on the findings, shall resolve the matter as fairly as possible. Budget Marine will not entertain warranty claims without proof of purchase, such as an invoice or receipt, and is in no way responsible for incidental or loss of revenue claims.