|Manufacturer Part No.||HX870|
Building on the success of the HX851, Standard Horizon introduces a whole new level in safety and performance in a marine floating handheld VHF/GPS. The HX870S Floating Class D DSC VHF handheld features a 66-channel WAAS GPS receiver allowing the radio to transmit a DSC distress call with your vessel’s position or navigate to a waypoint. The oversized full dot matrix LCD (1.7” (W) x 1.7” (H) or 2.3” diagonal) and easy to operate Icon/Menu system makes this the most intuitive handheld on the market: DSC calling, position sharing, waypoint and route navigation, navigation to DSC distress call can all be performed with just a few simple steps making the HX870 perfect for everyday use or adding to your ditch bag.
The radio is designed to be a work horse, starting with the die-cast chassis and the IPX8 submersible waterproof rating of 1.5m for 30 minutes, to the 6 Watts of transmit power and the long lasting 1800 mAh Li-Ion battery. The HX870 is also capable of entering and saving up to 200 waypoints and 20 routes, which may be selected for navigating to via the radio’s unique compass page which shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint. The compass page can also display the position of up to 9 vessels in proximity to you via the new GM (Group Monitoring) feature.
- Full dot matrix display with channel
- Position request and Position report
- 10 channel preset key selection
- USB Data Port
- GPS Position Logger
- Water-activated SOS strobe light (the radio will turn on and flash SOS even if dropped in the water while the radio is turned off)
- NOAA Weather with Weather Alert
- Programmable Memory and Priority Scan
- Dual and Tri Watch scan functions
- High capacity1800 mAh Li-Ion Battery
- 110VAC and 12VDC 3-hour quick
- Alkaline Battery Tray (AAAx5).